Thursday, December 15, 2011

Hello from Dubai!

I returned from a short vacation in Dubai few days ago. The trip was a success since I finally got to visit Burj Khalifa, the tallest building in the world (on my previous trips to Dubai, it was closed).

Not going to talk much about the trip itself, but I can say that my new mobile phones, HTC Radar and Nokia Lumia 800 both with WP 7.5 were in active use. The Lumia 800 was my phone/back-up camera on the trip. The green tint is present in many of the photos taken in mixed-artificial light, but otherwise the quality of the photos is good, although in very dark they turn bit blurry. Despite some hard-time focusing, the HD 720p video in the Nokia is very impressive in quality!

HTC Radar worked as my Wi-Fi connector/poolside gadget/Angry Birds console during flights and did that job extremely well. I think it had way better battery life than the one of Lumia 800 (not sure how much the mobile network activity drained it's battery, though). When talking about pictures, HTC Radar had the color balance almost always correct + the Panorama shot mode was really a nice feature to capture some amazing landscapes in Dubai!

Check out the image albums below to see some photos from the trip. You can find the 720p HD (sample) videos shot with Nokia Lumia 800 from my YouTube account.


No comments:

Post a Comment